Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eph. 2:8b

8b (Saved) through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

To gain the benefits of God’s grace, I must believe that Jesus can flood that grace into my heart. In other words, I must believe who Jesus is, what he taught, what he accomplished for me in his death and resurrection, what he is doing for me right now as he intercedes before the Father for my welfare and for the welfare of all who love him.

The key is to believe - to believe things that are hard to believe like that I am a derelict sinner and that Jesus has the right and the power to make me an eternal son of God Almighty. That takes more faith that I can possibly conjure up. That is for sure.

How can I believe? Paul has the answer for that. I can not believe on my own but “Jesus in me,” gives me faith. It is his faith that enables me to believe. Jesus never doubted that his atoning work is sufficient to save all people, even me. I need that faith. I have that faith because He who resides in me is first of all and always, a BELIEVER.

I am invited to align my faith attitudes with the faith of Jesus Christ. Is there anything more marvelous than that? I am helpless when it comes to believing in the goodness of God but Jesus in me knows the goodness of God, completely. He is my ability to believe in all that God is able to do for me and for those for whom I am interceding.

No comments: