Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013

Now again, I think we all need to walk humbly in a Wesley hymn.  This one touched me today.  In our society we so quickly forget the way of faith, the way of Calvary. Wesley broods on the cross and our life therein. 

This is HYMN 26 from his book of hymns – a work that has blessed me innumerable times.       


I thirst thou wounded Lamb of God, 
To 
wash me in thy cleansing blood:
To dwell within thy wounds: then pain  
Is sweet and life or death is gain.


Take my poor heart, and let it be 
For ever closed to all but thee!
Seal thou my breast, and let me wear 
Th
at pledge of love for ever there!

How blest are they who still abide 
Close shelter'd in thy bleeding side!
Who life and strength from thence derive, 
And by th
ee move and in thee live.



No comments: