Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bless dear Chuck! Let us rejoice with him.

My Friend in Jesus,

I must share this with you. When Marge breathed her last breath I was suddenly gripped with a grief deeper than any other before, even greater than the grief I suffered at 10 yrs. of age when my mother died.

I prayed the Lord would help me to gain a perspective of this experience in which what I was missing by her death to what Marge was gaining. Naturally we all suffer from the loss of a loved one. But I didn’t want that to be my focus stealing from me and others something that would bring a priceless joy and hope she has been given that we could now share together with her.

I was reading John 14 from “The Living Bible” words Jesus spoke to His disciples just before He was to leave them: “If you really love me you will be very happy for me, for now I can go to the Father Who is greater than I am.” (Jn. 14:28 LB) THAT’S IT! It was as if Marge was speaking to me! All at once there came such peace and a joy flooding my spirit and soul! I can now share with her that Joy beyond all joys of going to the Father!! Since then I’ve thought of that show “The Price Is Right”, when one wins the “Big One” the winner dances up and down and runs around screaming with delight. Guess what? Everyone else in the audience is doing the very same thing: dancing up and down with the winner!! You would think everyone in the audience had also won. I choose to dance up and down with Marge for having won her contest of receiving the price Jesus paid for her grand entrance into her place already prepared for her. So....let’s all, each and everyone of us, start jumping up and down screaming our joy-filled delight with and for her because her win is ours, too! God will then be glorified. Amen?....AMEN!!

November 28, 2012

chuck (‘n marge)

No comments: